April 4, 2017 – At its March 20 meeting in New Orleans, members of the Technology Expense Management Industry Association (TEMIA), elected six TEMIA Executive Board officers. Each year, there are elections for a portion of the board serving a two-year term.
TEMIA is the authoritative voice for Technology and Telecom Expense Management and Solutions Providers and related areas. TEMIA’s Executive Board is critical to driving greater levels of success for the organization and helping to promote the industry. In addition, the executive board works to support the organization’s mission:
- Growing the size of the market.
- Fostering ongoing performance improvement through open industry standards.
- Promoting the industry to enterprises, carriers and analysts.
- Advocating for TEMIA members.
At the meeting, members elected Mitch Black, President of MOBI, as TEMIA’s new president. Black’s vision for TEMIA includes expanding its scope and membership base.
“My primary goal as new TEMIA President is to lead the association into its next era,” Black said. “Most of our members no longer consider themselves as pure TEMs. Instead they are software or services companies that incorporate expense management as a component of larger offerings driven by the digital transformation of the workplace. TEMIA needs to attract and recruit companies participating in MMS, MAM, UEM, EMM, M2M/IoT, App Dev and areas related to the proliferation of connected devices. I am honored and excited to work with the board to address this and other important industry issues.”
The additional officers elected were:
- Mark Hearn, President of Network Control, Vice President.
- David Sonenstein, Executive Director of Ezwim, Secretary.
“Having been a member of the TEMIA Ethics Committee, I am thrilled to be expanding my role within TEMIA’s leadership,” Sonenstein said. “I am amazed how, even in an industry as competitive as ours; members can come together and collectively raise the standards of quality in our solutions and our relationships with each other. If you are in the space but not participating in TEMIA, you are certainly missing out.”
Three at-large board members were also elected:
- Jane Sydlowski, President & CEO of AMI Strategies, At-Large Board Member.
- Nina Doherty, VP of Sales & Marketing of InvoiceIQ, At-Large Board Member.
- Charlie Yielding, CEO of G Squared Wireless, At-Large Board Member.